Friday 20 April 2018

My new self-employed life!

Hello little blog, sorry I have been neglecting you again!
So much has been going on lately!

I made a huge decision at the end of November 2017 - I decided to take a leap of faith and stated running my own business in the Health and Wellbeing industry and I am LOVING it!!

I found the company because a family friend had encouraged my mum to start using one of the supplements and he came to do a products party at our house - I loved it so much and thought that I could do that, so I asked him to sign me up the very next day!! I think I gave him a bit of a shock to be honest, as I didn't even want to see the business plan or how it all worked (I know, I never do things like 'normal' people, heehee!)

I had my first planning meeting with my up-line manager at the beginning of December and then she helped my launch my business on the 8th December with my first products party!!

Since then I have been on a roller-coaster ride of highs, lows, huge learning curves and soooo much fun! I am most happy that I am finally earning my own money again!
The last 5 years have been really hard for me, having to rely on benefits! I have been in paid employment since the age of 16 and have absolutely HATED relying on 'hand outs!' it's made me feel like such a failure! I have to remind myself that I didn't plan on getting a divorce, plus the moment I felt well enough I found myself voluntary work - so it wasn't like I've sat on my bum doing nothing for the last 3 years!

I'm also enjoying learning again! As I've only ever been employed in jobs where you get handed a payslip at the end of the month, having to sort out all of my finances myself has been quite a challenge ;-) I am working on my 'love-hate' relationship that I have with Microsoft Excel - for the first 2 months, I was sat working out my calculations using the calculator on my mobile phone!! haha! I'm now onto simple equations ;-)
I'm also learning about Network Marketing - not something I ever thought I would be doing if I'm honest, but soooo much fun!
Lastly, I am learning about the wonderful world of Aloe Vera! My new love!

I am blessed to be working with the most amazing, supportive team you could ever wish for! Plus the love and support of my friends and family has seen me through the tougher times, when I was convinced I had made a big mistake taking on this new challenge!

What I'm loving the most is being my own boss!!
I choose when I work and what I'm going to read, watch and listen to each day to help me grow both my knowledge and skills, but also personal goals like working on my confidence and self-belief!
I can still do my voluntary work at the soup kitchen for the homeless and the session each week at my local library - not many paid jobs would be flexible enough for that to happen and there was no way I was going to stop doing them ;-)

I still need to work a little on getting a good work-life balance, but it is already so much better than when I first started back in December!
I try to work when the kids are at school and then again in the evenings when they have gone to bed. Then it leaves me time for them! I have managed to do the school runs AND even some morning ones!! (big achievement that one!)
I have time to meet friends for coffee! I could never do that back when I was a teacher!

All in all, I have to say, becoming self-employed really was the best decision I ever made!

If you want to find out more about what I do, please check out my website:
http://melissa-alwaysandforever.flp.com


Hope you're all enjoying the glorious sunshine we've been having lately - I think Spring has finally sprung now :-D

Hugs to all xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

comments always welcome! I will try to reply as soon as I can xxx

Walking and the joys it brings!

Hello little blog, Again, it seems ages since I last wrote - this time it is definitely my Bipolar's fault, as I'm pinging from se...