Tuesday 23 January 2018

My first grey hairs!!

Hello little blog,

So, today I went to Aquafit (will write all about that in my next post!) and I had just stopped quickly to dry my hair before I went out in the cold. I was brushing my hair, just about to pop 20p into the machine to get the hairdryer working, when I happened to glance in the mirror on the wall, and there they were! Two bright, silvery-grey hairs on either side of my parting!

Now for some of you out there, this would be cause for alarm and a flying visit to the nearest supermarket to grab a bottle of hair dye quick! Or booking the first available slot at your favourite hairdressers, to get rid of any traces of those pesky grey hairs!

Well, I'm weird I guess, because instead of the shock and horror of finding those little grey hairs, I just started to smile!

You see, I don't see them as a sign of old-age in a bad way at all. I see them as a kind of badge of honour! That I have finally reached an age where my hair is starting to show signs that I'm not a spring chicken anymore, and I love it!!

When I was a teacher, (over 8 years ago now!) my one dream was to grow 'up' to be an old teacher with round glasses perched on the end of my nose, and long, silvery hair tied up in a tight bun! My aim was to be one of those slightly 'batty' old people, who when they enter the room, people are ever quite sure what they're going to do next! It would have been so much fun!😂
image source here

Alas, my teaching days are far behind me now. So my original aim has been tweaked to leave out the 'teacher' bit and replaced with me sitting with my grandkids (I can dream!) and my Little Man and Little Miss (though obviously all grown up by then) wondering what their batty, old mum is going to get up to next!

I have absolutely no intention of 'growing old gracefully!' I fully intend to be as mischievious as possible! 😉 I'm not going to worry about the 'should I' or 'could I' but will make the most of every day; living life to the max! Then, when my time is up, I'm going to look back on my life and think 'wahoo! What a ride!' instead of a just seeing a list of the things I didn't do, or should have done!

Those little grey hairs just gave me the reminder that it's never too late to 'tweak' my life goals. Plus how lucky I am to have reached this age, where grey hairs are starting to show, when others have not been so fortunate!

So, I am going to wear my silvery- grey hairs with pride! They are my visual reminder of how lucky I am to be this old! How life is for living, and now is as good a time as any to say 'yes' to scary things, or make changes before the regret kicks in!
Thank you little grey hairs, you certainly cheered me up! 😂😂😂

No comments:

Post a Comment

comments always welcome! I will try to reply as soon as I can xxx

Walking and the joys it brings!

Hello little blog, Again, it seems ages since I last wrote - this time it is definitely my Bipolar's fault, as I'm pinging from se...