Monday 23 April 2018

My new BIG GOAL!

Hello little blog!

I am sooo excited about my latest challenge I decided to set myself, that I just had to share with you all!

One of the things that I have been encouraged to do since joining the Forever family is to set myself some goals!
To start off with I set myself the challenge to earn £200 in profits a month. I created a lovely dream-board so that I could have a visual reminder of what I am working for. It had things like new clothes (some of mine are older than Little Man and he'll be 9 in July!) new trainers and boots, plus things like family fun days out and saving up for our first family pet - a rescue dog or puppy! 😄

Although the motivation was sort of there, after a flying start in December, I had quite a quiet January and February. I didn't really have that burning desire to achieve those targets. It didn't really matter enough whether I hit them or not.

Well, over the course of one weekend back in February, all of that changed!
I went to a networking breakfast with my sponsor on the Friday at the Madejski Stadium in Reading. It was my first ever 'event' and I got talking to lots of different people, plus ran into a friend who I hadn't seen in ages (small world!!) it was really good fun!

One of the guest speakers was absolutely AMAZING! He spoke about how he set out to run a marathon to honour his father who had sadly passed away. He was just so inspirational and down to earth! I just got one of his books through the post today 'The Unnatural Networker' by Charlie Lawson - can't wait to start reading it!!

The very next day my sponsor and I headed off to a Success Event at the Ricoh Arena in Coventry! I HAD THE BEST DAY EVER!!!
Throughout the day we were given top tips and ideas to help us run our businesses, but by far the best bits of the day were getting to see the FBOs (Forever Business Owners) walking across the stage to receive their awards for all their hard work! There were people who had made it to Manager Level; there were people who were being recognised for their recruitment achievements; our top manager of the team I am part of was the number 8 business there!! Amazing day!
I also loved to hear the stories and journeys of some of the top FBOs in the UK - every story was unique, but all showed that with hard work and consistency, EVERYTHING is possible!

Well when I got home and started to process some of the information I had experienced over those two events, I suddenly realised what my WHY was! The reason WHY I needed to get up and do some work every single day! I couldn't believe that I hadn't thought of it before! My WHY was my DAD!!


For those of you who don't know, my dad has MS. He was diagnosed when I was around 16 years old (I just turned 36 😉) and he has been extremely lucky in that his MS has been very slow progressing.
The last few years has seen a dramatic change though; he's now wheelchair bound completely, is hoisted in and out of bed and has carers to help him morning and night.

The one place he still struggles the most is having to  transfer using a plastic 'banana board' so that he can get in and out of the car. Then either I or my mum have to get his heavy wheelchair into the boot of the car (he's 6ft 4, so has an extra large wheelchair to accommodate his long legs, bless him!)
It's not the easiest task - much harder for mum who has mobility issues of her own and I worry a lot about her struggling with dad's wheelchair when I'm not there.

So, inspired by Charlie Lawson's story, I decided that I was going to raise money to buy my dad a WAC (Wheelchair Accessible Car) From all of the amazing people I had heard from that weekend, I knew that I was going to have to do something BIG if I was going to achieve this! So, I have set myself the challenge of running in a MARATHON in 2020!! Not only that, but I am going to run in the Reading Half Marathon in 2019!



This may not seem like a big deal to lots of you, but what you have to bear in mind is that currently I am a couch potato! I am 19stone 10 (horrifying to actually admit that!!) and wear size 24 clothes!
I like to see this as another step in my 'get fitter and feel better' challenge that I have embarked upon this year. Also if I don't reach my goal amount (around £22K - I'm not doing anything by halves me heehee!) at least I will be a damn sight fitter than I am now! 😄

I have already taken steps to get me going!
I have started making healthier choices in my food intake - I figure good 'fuel' will help me more than just eating whatever - celery and carrots are now my new 'best friends!' 😉
I have also booked myself an appointment to see a personal trainer, as with the spinal injury I got a few years back, I know I need to be careful with what training I do!

So, if you're local to me, don't be surprised to see me puffing (and probably sweating - sorry if TMI!!) to the lakes and back - prob 2-3 times a week!

Wish me luck! Hugs xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

comments always welcome! I will try to reply as soon as I can xxx

Walking and the joys it brings!

Hello little blog, Again, it seems ages since I last wrote - this time it is definitely my Bipolar's fault, as I'm pinging from se...