Saturday 28 April 2018

What a difference 'belief in yourself' makes!

I can't believe it is now nearly 5 months since I made my life-changing decision to join the world of Forever and what a whirlwind journey it has been so far!

I can't believe how much I have managed to push myself, way beyond my 'comfort zone!' So I just wanted to share a few of the things that I have managed to do - not all of them are 'work' related either! Some of these things would have been absolutely impossible for me to do back in November 2017!

I have driven to Eastleigh on my own (about an hours drive!)
I have travelled to London on the train and managed to navigate the underground without having a panic attack!
I have driven to Southampton on my own!
I have driven to Milton Keynes on my own!
I have attended training events, with others and on my own!
I have spoken to people on skype and video calls!! That one was HUGE!!
I have started up conversations with complete strangers!
I have asked friends questions and extra questions, even when every fibre of my body was screaming at me that 'this really isn't a good idea' and that 'people will get annoyed at you! You're being bothersome!'
I have started learning again and I'm loving it!
I have set myself MASSIVE GOALS, which I WILL achieve!
I have decided to stop listening to the people at Universal Credits when they tell me that my little business isn't 'gainful employment' and basically that I am going to fail!
I have been strong for my family when all I wanted to do was curl up in a ball and cry my eyes out!
I have had lots of fun and so many laughs!
I have met some truly AMAZING and inspirational people, whose passion for health and wellness is just infectious!
I have started back on my 'day zero project' which has been a lot of fun!
I finally feel like a 'real' mum!
I took care of my kids and my dad for a whole week while my mum was on a carers break (no one got food poisoning either!!)
I have found my purpose in life!
I have begun the process of re-connecting with people
I am working on a good work-life balance
I have had fun times with my kids - mini holidays, swimming fun, mammoth games of monopoly, trips to the lakes and sooo much more!
I even occasionally answer the house phone when it rings!
I have stayed strong when my Little Man has been on an emotional roller-coaster!
I even managed a few morning school runs!
I have started drinking aloe vera gel!
I have made contact with a personal trainer
I have booked a style 'make over' session, to learn how to dress for my shape and proportions - as I am totally clueless!
I have started making jewellery again!
I have found new friends through the League of Extraordinary Penpals!
I have prioritised things in my life - and watching TV has taken a back-seat a lot of the time!
I have found 'myself' again, after 5 long years of struggling and feeling lost!

I can't believe the difference a little self-belief with a smidgen of self-worth thrown in, has made!





2 comments:

comments always welcome! I will try to reply as soon as I can xxx

Walking and the joys it brings!

Hello little blog, Again, it seems ages since I last wrote - this time it is definitely my Bipolar's fault, as I'm pinging from se...