Saturday 16 December 2017

Oops moment!

Well, I must say, I never thought I'd be writing this post!

So, I had a little accident yesterday.

My Little Man was having a 'moment' and as I was trying to shut his bedroom door, so that he could calm down, he decided to slam it shut from his side. Unfortunately, my right arm was still in the gap!
I thought it was just badly bruised, but phoned docs just in case for some advise. I was told to go to A&E just to check.
3 x-rays later and it turns out that I have fractured my elbow! Oops!!

So now I will spend the next 5 weeks, with my arm in a sling 😢 not how I wanted to spend Xmas and new year, but hey-ho, could have been worse!

I went into Little Man's and Little Misses school on the way home to discuss how best to tell them, as I knew they'd both be devastated! We decided that the Headteacher would let Little Man know first, but that later on in the afternoon, I would come into school a little early to speak to each of them about what had happened. (I didn't want them to be greeting by me standing in the playground, with this big grey sling round my neck!)

Letting them know went just fine, thankfully! Little Man was very quiet and subdued, but I kept telling him how it was an accident, and how I didn't blame him, as I know he wold never have hurt me like that on purpose. He seemed a lot happier when we had had that chat 😊
Little Miss just wanted to give me loads of hugs better!

So, kiddies are now with their dad for the rest of the weekend, so I get a little break!
I am also trying to adjust to doing everything with the wrong hand! (thank goodness I live with my mum, who can help with things like cutting my food up, or doing up my bra! 😉😆😉)

No comments:

Post a Comment

comments always welcome! I will try to reply as soon as I can xxx

Walking and the joys it brings!

Hello little blog, Again, it seems ages since I last wrote - this time it is definitely my Bipolar's fault, as I'm pinging from se...